Essentials of the Christian Faith with Pastor Bub Lawson
Classes coming soon on Sundays – see below!
Check the bulletin flyer periodically for classes, dates & times. Bulletin flyer is available online or at church.
Chronology of the Bible
- How the Bible is laid out
- How to study your bible
The Security of the Believer
- Do you know that you’re saved?
- Can you lose your salvation?
- Has God ever given us any information so that we can know one way or another?
- It’s important to our relationship with the Lord that we know! And you can know!
- In the Scriptures, God has made it clear that the Covenant of Salvation He made with Abraham (and in turn all of humanity) was sealed with his Resurrection and is Ever Lasting!
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” 1 Pet 3:15
How is it that I please my God ‐ Grace vs. Law
- Is God pleased with you?
- Does he get mad when you sin?
- Is God ready to “beat” you back into submission when you fail?
- What is the difference between law / performance based and grace /spirit filled based Christianity?
- Has the Church ever settled this matter?
- We will explore these age old questions through the Scriptures
- What is a dispensation?
- Who began dispensational thinking?
- Why does it matter?
- How does it affect me?
We will cover the “The Trinity” in the Bible as described in our Statement of Faith: We believe that God is…
- Eternally self-existent and has revealed Himself as a
- Tri-unity of three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as three persons in the
- Godhead and yet one Lord God Almighty
Marriage is the God-ordained covenant union of one man and one woman into holy matrimony. God uniquely made man from the dust of the earth and woman from the man. In the plan of God, we learn that it is not good for man to be alone. Therefore, God made the woman to be the compatible companion for him. The two persons—male and female—being joined together as one before God, provide the complimentary unity of the man and woman, thus enhancing human fulfillment and the necessary procreative biological design needed for family development.