5K AND 1 MILE FUN RUN/WALK
GIL ALVARADO MEMORIAL –
BENEFIT THE WORKING POOR IN OUR COMMUNITY
Oct 5th – 9 AM
- $20 as a Participant in Run or Walk
- $15 as a Participant for 8 Years Old and Under in Run or Walk
- Mothers with stroller’s welcome
- Waters, Bananas & Oranges for all participants & volunteers
- T-Shirt & Gift Bag Included
Riverstone Park – Centennial Trail Course
1805 Tilford Lane
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Candlelight is excited to present the 1st Annual 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk to benefit the working poor in our community. In March of 2019, Gil passed after a long battle with cancer. The run is designed to honor Gil’s service to all in need and to assist in a continuing effort to help the “working poor” in our community.
4 ways to get involved:
- Donation (any amount)
- Platinum Sponsorships: $5,000 Donation = Corporate or Personal Radio Mention, Newspaper Mention, Banner Logo, T-Shirt Logo, and 10 Free Entries.
- Gold Sponsorships: $2,500 Donation = Newspaper Mention, Banner Logo, T-Shirt Mention, and 5 Free Entries.
- Silver Sponsorships: $1,500 Donation = Banner Mention, T-Shirt Mention, and 3 Free Entries.
- Bronze Sponsorships: $1,000 Donation = T-Shirt Mention, Banner Mention, and 2 Free Entries.
- Donation (any amount)
Interested in Volunteering?
Want to go behind the scenes at the Gil Alvarado 5K Fun Run. We want to put on the most amazing new event! We’re looking for energetic individuals to provide great attention to our 5K participants!
Volunteers Will Receive
- Customized 5K Volunteer Crew T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Shift Do We Have?
- Arrive at 7 AM. Leave approximately 12 PM
- Registration Area (7-13 Volunteers Needed) – Check-in registered runners and distribute competitor numbers and t-shirts. Manage walk-up registrations and collect money. Provide friendly assistance while assisting with basic event questions.
- Starting Line and Finish Line (4 Volunteers Needed) – Assist with the flow at the starting line and provide runners with water, bananas, and an orange.
- Course Water Stop & Course/Aid Monitor (8 Volunteers Needed) – Ensure runners stay on the route, provide water at water stations and instruct participants on completing obstacles. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Set-Up & Tear-Down (10 to 15 Volunteers Needed) – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down tents, inventorying apparel
- Race Guide on a Bicycle (leads the front runners through the course to ensure they know the route). (1 Volunteer)
- Bag Stuffers (2 to 6 Volunteers Needed) – Bags will be handed out at the Registration Desk. We need stuffers to bag the participants bib and t-shirt and also to place their name on each bag.