5K AND 1 MILE FUN RUN/WALK
GIL ALVARADO MEMORIAL
BENEFIT THE WORKING POOR IN OUR COMMUNITY
Date to be determined in Summer of 2021
- $20 as a Participant in Run or Walk
- $15 as a Participant for 8 Years Old and Under in Run or Walk
- Mothers with stroller’s welcome
- Waters, Bananas & Oranges for all participants & volunteers
- T-Shirt & Gift Bag Included
Riverstone Park – Centennial Trail Course
1805 Tilford Lane
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Candlelight is excited to present the 3rd Annual 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk to benefit the working poor in our community. In March of 2019, Gil passed after a long battle with cancer. The run is designed to honor Gil’s service to all in need and to assist in a continuing effort to help the “working poor” in our community.
4 ways to get involved:
- Donation (any amount)
- Platinum Sponsorships: $1,500 Donation = Corporate or Personal Radio Mention, Newspaper Mention, Banner Logo, T-Shirt Logo, and 10 Free Entries.
- Gold Sponsorships: $1,000 Donation = Newspaper Mention, Banner Logo, T-Shirt Mention, and 5 Free Entries.
- Silver Sponsorships: $750 Donation = Banner Mention, T-Shirt Mention, and 3 Free Entries.
- Bronze Sponsorships: $500 Donation = T-Shirt Mention, Banner Mention, and 2 Free Entries.
- Donation (any amount)
Interested in Volunteering?
Want to go behind the scenes at the 5K Run & 1 Mile Walk to benefit the working poor in our community?
Volunteers Will Receive
- Customized 5K Volunteer Crew T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Shift Do We Have?
- Arrive at 7 AM. Leave approximately 12 PM
- Registration Area (7-13 Volunteers Needed) – Check-in registered runners and distribute competitor numbers and t-shirts. Manage walk-up registrations and collect money. Provide friendly assistance while assisting with basic event questions.
- Starting Line and Finish Line (4 Volunteers Needed) – Assist with the flow at the starting line and provide runners with water, bananas, and an orange.
- Course Water Stop & Course/Aid Monitor (8 Volunteers Needed) – Ensure runners stay on the route, provide water at water stations and instruct participants on completing obstacles. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Set-Up & Tear-Down (10 to 15 Volunteers Needed) – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down tents, inventorying apparel
- Race Guide on a Bicycle (leads the front runners through the course to ensure they know the route). (1 Volunteer)
- Bag Stuffers (2 to 6 Volunteers Needed) – Bags will be handed out at the Registration Desk. We need stuffers to bag the participants bib and t-shirt and also to place their name on each bag.