Young Adults Movie Night at Candlelight
Friday, January 27th
6 pm to 9 pm
LORD OF THE RINGS – THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
Choice of what to bring: Main dish, side dish, snacks, dessert, or drink
A meek Hobbit from the Shire and eight companions set out on a journey to destroy the powerful One Ring and save Middle-earth from the Dark Lord Sauron.
Fellowship with other young adults and watch a movie that everyone can enjoy. Join us!
Youth Sockey Tournament
Sunday, January 29th
2 pm to 4 pm
FREE EVENT FOR YOUTH – 6th thru 12th grade
- Students & families are welcome to go
- Students are placed into teams and select a team name
- Equipment provided – beach ball will be used in place of a puck
- Free ice cream!
- Lots of fun!
The youth will experience a safe and fun environment while making new friends! This event will be combined with the family ministries after our regular Sunday church skate.
Church Business Meeting (includes dinner)
Wednesday, February 8th
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Live Stream NOT available
- Dinner starts at 6 PM in the sanctuary.
- Presentation follows after dinner.
- Bring a dessert to share. Use disposable dishes.
- Senior and Junior High meet at The Plaza from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Children’s Ministry provided birth thru 5th Grade at the church.
Our Senior Pastor, Paul Van Noy, and the Elders will share a detailed report on the past year’s financial income and expenditures with time for a Q & A. This meeting is also a time to share our vision and goals for the new year. Mark your calendars and don’t miss this informative meeting!
Senior Single Ladies’ Luncheon
Wed, Feb 15th · 11:30 am to 2 pm · Potluck at Candlelight
Bring either a main dish, side dish, salad or dessert
- All senior single ladies are welcome to join us for our luncheon
- This is a great opportunity to meet other senior ladies in the church for fellowship and fun!
Questions and to join, please email: Linda Halberg at: email@example.com
YOUNG ADULTS MOVIE and Game night
Friday, February 17th
6 pm to 11 pm
18 + Invited!
- LORD OF THE RINGS – The Two Towers
- FREE MOVIE AND GAME NIGHT!
- Potluck Dinner
- Popcorn Provided
- Choice of what to bring: Main dish, side dish, snacks, dessert, or drink
- Scavenger Hunt · Video Games · Board Games
In the second part of the Tolkien trilogy, Frodo Baggins and the other members of the Fellowship continue on their sacred quest to destroy the One Ring–but on separate paths. All young adults are invited to join in on the fun!
Guest Speaker at Candlelight’s Cultural Apologetics Class
Sunday, February 19th
Children Being Poisoned: Toxic Children’s School & Public Library Books
Topics of discussion:
- Libraries are grooming kids
- Sexually-explicit kids’ material
- Where to find booklists
- What can be done
Marianna is the founder of CleanBooks4Kids. She holds an MA in Organizational Management, has 25 years of experience in business management and professional childcare services.
FREE Youth Movie and Game Night
Friday, February 24th
6 pm to 9 pm
- Middle and High School Students
- Youth will pick the family-friendly movie!
- Bring a snack to share
- Pizza, popcorn and drinks provided
- Fun board games
The youth group is invited to a night full of fun! We will be watching a movie on the big screen, playing some games and enjoying all the food!
Family Ministry Winter Cruise on Lake Coeur d’Alene
Saturday, February 25th
1 pm to 3 pm (board the boat at 12:30 pm)
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Great group rate!
- $10.00 per person · $40.00 per family · Children 3 and under are FREE
- Cupcakes provided
- Hot beverages available for purchase
Treat the family to an enjoyable boat ride across the sparkling waters of Northwest Lake Coeur d’Alene while meeting other families from Candlelight. Enjoy sightseeing, cupcakes and hot beverages. All the cruises have experienced captains and friendly helpful crew.
Wednesday, March 1st
We would be honored to celebrate with you as you make a public declaration of your faith in God. It allows you to declare that Christ has saved you, is changing you, and that you want everyone to know! This month we are scheduling our baptisms during our Wednesday night service.
Steeling the Mind Conference at Candlelight!
Saturday, March 11th
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Doors open at 8:30 AM
- Regular Cost $49 Per Person. Candlelight Price $39 Per Person for Candlelight Members & Regular Attendees ONLY. Coupon Code available at church.
- Optional Lunch $25 (includes tax & tip): BBQ beef brisket, BBQ boneless chicken thighs, coleslaw, BBQ beans and dessert w/bottled water.
- Information, Itinerary & E-Tickets are available online at https://compass.org/steeling-the-mind-bible-conference-2023/
- Livestream FREE on compass.org.
We are excited to announce that Steeling the Mind Conference will be held at Candlelight. The conference organizer is Compass and they have lined up the best speakers to tackle tough topics designed to STEEL YOUR MIND with God’s awesome Word! Don’t miss this great conference!
Israel Tour with Pastor Paul & Brenda
March 23rd to April 3rd, 2023 (TRIP IS FULL)
- $3,000 per person – double occupancy. Discount for 3 people sharing a room. Additional cost for single travelers who desire a private room. Cost does not include airfare.
- Non-refundable deposit required of $1,000 per person.
- All ground transportation in a private air-conditioned Wi-Fi bus.
- 10 nights in fabulous hotels! Tips included.
- Breakfast & dinner at each hotel (one possible lunch).
Join Us at Coeur d’Alene McEuen Park – Veterans Memorial
Thursday, May 4th · 12 NOON!
On the “National Day of Prayer”, Americans from many backgrounds turn to God in prayer for the United States. This year’s event will be held at McEuen Park near the Veteran’s Memorial in Coeur d’Alene, ID. We would like to invite you to join us this year! We expect this event to be an occasion of great rejoicing. Let’s join together as we pray for our nation and its leaders in observance of the National Day of Prayer.
Dr. J.B. Hixson
Sunday, April 2nd · All Services
Product table in the lobby
Dr. J. B. Hixson is a nationally known author, speaker, and radio host, with more than thirty years of ministry experience in the pastoral and academic arenas. Recognized for his expertise in the areas of Systematic Theology, Bible Prophecy, Evangelism, Discipleship, and Hermeneutics, Dr. Hixson has a passion for communicating important theological truths from God’s Word in a clear and easy to understand way, and for helping others learn how to study the Bible effectively for themselves.
Celebrate Resurrection Sunday with Us!
7:30 AM · 9:00 AM · 10:30 AM · 12:00 PM
Invite Family and Friends!
It’s an amazing story: God sends His own Son to earth to die a painful death in our place so that we can live forever in relationship with Him. In Christ, we have the love and hope that never dies. Join us at Candlelight Christian Fellowship and celebrate Resurrection Sunday!
Ongoing Donations Accepted in the Lobby: Sun – Thurs
Candlelight has partnered with the local Union Gospel Mission to demonstrate Christ’s love by providing food to those who are in crisis and need assistance. The Food Banks serve hundreds of families each month. We will have a permanent barrel in the lobby for all donated food items. Join us as we help feed the needy in our local community.
List of Needed Food Items – Please NO outdated food items
Peanut Butter & Jelly; Canned Stew; Canned Yams & Beans; Low Sugar Cereal; Canned Meats and Chili (no canned tuna); Canned vegetables & fruit
No fruit cocktail