VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
June 24th thru June 28th
9:00 am to 12:15 pm
Check-in: Monday: 8:30 am Tuesday – Friday: 8:45 am
Ages: For children 5 years old through those who have completed 5th grade
Fun and Unforgettable
VBS gives children a chance to learn about God in a fun and unforgettable way! This year Candlelight will transform and immerse itself into an arctic adventure where children will understand God’s love through His Word, fellowship, and the care shown to them by volunteers. Entire families are changed as they witness their children come to saving faith in Jesus!
We are in need of volunteers to accommodate all the children and not turn any soul away. If you feel lead to participate in our VBS program as a volunteer, we would appreciate your help. See Trisha in the Children’s Department if you wish to share your time and talents for this year’s VBS.
No application is confirmed unless the following have been completed and received by CCF.
- Online registration (Includes medical consent)
- KID CHECK: CCF uses “Kid Check” – a computer check-in system designed for the safety and security of your child.
Sign up TODAY!
Friday, May 31, 2019: 5pm Check-in | Welcome Dinner 6:30 pm | Retreat Kick-off 7:30 pm
Saturday, June 1, 2019: 9:30 am & 6:30 pm Group Sessions
Sunday, June 2, 2019: 10 am to 11:50 am Final Session | Vacate Rooms at 10 am | Leave facility
For several years we have reserved the Women’s Retreat at Clearwater Lodge on the beautiful Davis Lake in Newport, Washington. The lodge provides an exceptional natural setting where – apart from the daily routine – you may encounter Jesus Christ and grow deeper in your relationship with Him.More Info
SUMMER LADIES DEVOTIONAL HIKE AT TUBBS HILL
Begins June 4th thru the summer
Meet each Tuesday at 10am at Sanders Beach. The side of Tubbs Hill by the parking lot
- Brisk hike down to the water about ½ around the hill
- What to bring: Towel, water, sunscreen, bug spray and a snack
- No hike & devotional on 6-25 & 7-2
- Childcare available at Candlelight from 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Please contact Trisha at firstname.lastname@example.org a full week before for childcare
- If you have questions or want to join us, contact Shani at email@example.com
All Men of Candlelight Invited!
Saturday, June 8th
7:30am to 9:00am
Guest Speaker: Bob Shillingstad
Potluck Breakfast: Any breakfast item welcome
Come and join us for a free breakfast and men’s fellowship! Each event features one of our church leaders sharing a challenging message or testimony, or a special guest speaker sharing about topics of particular interest to men. No sign-ups, just attend
ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC AT BLUEGRASS PARK
Sunday, July 21st – After 2nd Service
Bluegrass Park has children’s play equipment, a splash pad, basketball, volleyball, tether ball, a picnic shelter with BBQ, disc golf, paved bicycle trails, off-street parking and restrooms. No dogs allowed. Church will provide hot dogs and hamburgers, plates and condiments.
What to bring: Side dish or dessert to share, chairs, umbrella for shade! This will be a great time to meet others!
No sign-ups, just attend
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME
Friday, July 26th 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Spectacular Fireworks Night – Great Upper Box Seats! Fun Family Night
- Spokane Indians vs Vancouver – Avista Stadium in Spokane. Website: www.milb.com/spokane
- Cost: $11.00 per seat (group rate – 3 & under free when they share a seat)
- Deadline to buy tickets: Wednesday, July 17th
- Chance to Win Great Prizes!
- Want to ride the Candlelight Bus? Meet at church at 4:45pm Bus leaves at 5pm and is FREE!
- Tickets will be reserved with your name at “Will Call” Avista Stadium the day of the game
- Questions? Contact Fletcher Michael: Fletcher@candlelight.org
WOMEN’S WHITEWATER RAFTING ADVENTURE
Saturday, July 27, 2019
On this 4-5 hour whitewater adventure in Montana, you’ll raft six class III rapids as ospreys and eagles soar overhead and beaver, otters and fish play beneath your raft. It’s a great mix of easy, scenic floating and exhilarating whitewater with plenty of time for relaxing or playing games.More Info
FARRAGUT STATE PARK CHURCH CAMPOUT
August 2nd to August 4th (Friday Night, Saturday All Day, Sunday AM)
Cost: $72.00 for the weekend
50% Deposit required to reserve a site. Balance due by July 23rd
Sign-ups will be available in the lobby beginning July 7th
See See attached flyer for more information and to sign up before July 7th
- All of Kestrel Loop Reserved – 22 sites. First come first served. Each site has water and electricity.
- Restrooms & showers are close to campsite.
- Church Campout BBQ Potluck. Bring your BBQ food, plus a side dish or dessert to share.
- Corrals Trails Swimming Hiking Biking Junior Ranger Program and much more!
MELODRAMA IN WALLACE!
The Carpet Caper -or- Who Stole the Mayor’s Rug?
Six Street Melodrama
212 6th St, Wallace, ID
Friday, August 9th – 7 pm
- Tickets: $10 each. Tickets will be reserved with your name and passed out by one of our church leaders the night of the Melodrama. (small theater of 86 seats)
- Drive or take the church bus
- The theater has special seating for those patrons with wheelchairs
- Riding the church bus? First come, first served! Meet at church before 5 pm. FREE sack lunch! Sub Sandwiches, chips, fruit and water. Bus will return by 10 pm
- All of our Melodrama trips have sold out quickly – So order your tickets soon!
- Questions? Contact Janetta Michael: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t miss this FUN night with Candlelight! We reserved the whole theater!
The Carpet Caper -or- Who Stole the Mayor’s Rug? An Old fashion Melodrama, the Villain used to be a city official before the town ran him off for helping himself to the city’s money. He had secret passages built into many of the city buildings before he was run out of town. He did not go far, now he is back and causing trouble for the city. The Pinkerton agency has sent an undercover agent to find this criminal. There is a Villain, a Hero, a Heroin, but will you figure out who is who!Sign Up
ATTEND OUR WEDNESDAY NIGHT SERVICE!
Studying through Spring/Summer: “A Defense for the Pre-Tribulation Rapture” and “The Attributes of the Tribulation”
Every Wednesday @ 6 PM
- Dinner starts at 6 PM – Senior Pastor’s teaching starts at 6:45 PM
- Church will provide the main dish
- Bring side dishes – desserts or salads. Use disposable dishes.
- $1.00 donation per meal
New to Candlelight?
- Do you want to find out more about US?
- Have you wondered what Candlelight believes and why?
- Want to start your spiritual journey and grow in your faith?
- Sign up for the Newcomer’s Luncheon
- Sign up for classes to help you take the next step in your spiritual journey!
Small Group Sign-Ups
NEXT BAPTISMMore Info
2019/2020 AWANA Clubs
Awana is designed to provide a safe environment. To supplement physical, social, mental and spiritual activities for your children. It’s a great way to develop new friends and learn how the Bible relates to today’s living. Awana clubs are part of more than 12,000 churches in over 110 countries around the world. Our goal is to introduce boys and girls to Jesus Christ. Taught are the life principles found in the Bible.More Info
Adult Sunday School
DVD series reveals the alarming state of Christianity today and what the church can do about it.
Proven ideas and the basics of apologetics to affirm the truth of the Bible in our modern age.
Many people both young and old do not hold a Christian worldview because they have not been taught the foundational truths of God’s Word. Dynamic speakers in these DVD series will proclaim the truth and authority of the Bible amid growing compromise, anti-God rhetoric, and secular activism.
Meals of Love
You’re not making a meal…
You’re making a difference!
Volunteer to make meals for others or have meals delivered to YOU in time of need!
Meals of Love Ministry blesses the families of our church by providing hot meals during their time of need – hospitalization, long-term illness, surgery or other life difficulties. Or have meals delivered to YOU in time of need!More Info
A Knitting & Crocheting Outreach
Sharing Christ’s Love…
One Stitch at a Time!
We are sharing our God-given gifts with those in the community, all for His glory!
- Please join us if you have a heart for serving the elderly and you are experienced in knitting and/or crocheting as this is not a class
- Fellowship knitting is from 1 pm to 2:30 pm on the first & third Friday of each month
- We most gratefully accept yarn & “tools of the trade” donations
Cell Phones for Soldiers
Donate gently used CELL PHONES and provide FREE prepaid calling cards to our active military soldiers! More than 300 million minutes of free talk time have been provided by sending more than 5 million calling cards to servicemen overseas!
How? Drop off your old CELL PHONE at the info desk. Please no cords or accessories – cell phone only.