VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
June 22nd thru June 24th
9:00 am to 12:15 pm
VBS gives children a chance to learn about God in a fun and unforgettable way! This year Candlelight will transform and immerse itself into an adventure where children will understand God’s love through His Word, fellowship, and the care shown to them by volunteers. Entire families are changed as they witness their children come to saving faith in Jesus!
We are in need of volunteers to accommodate all the children and not turn any soul away. If you feel led to participate in our VBS program as a volunteer, we would appreciate your help. See Trisha in the Children’s Department if you wish to share your time and talents for this year’s VBS. Trisha will give you an application if you wish to volunteer. The children to attend VBS have a separate application that will be filled out online.
No child’s application to attend is 100% confirmed unless the following have been completed and received by CCF.
- Online registration (Includes medical consent)
- KID CHECK: CCF uses “Kid Check” – a computer check-in system designed for the safety and security of your child. If you have a Kid Check account with another church/facility, you can use it for VBS. Please note: If you do not have an account, you may sign-up after you submit the online form for your child at the confirmation page. To sign-up online is FREE; doing so in advance will make your child’s first day MUCH easier and faster.
Single Senior Ladies Luncheon at Candlelight
Wed, June 17th – 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
All single senior ladies are welcome to join us for our quarterly luncheon. This is a great opportunity to meet other ladies in the church for fellowship and fun!
Email Linda Halberg to join the luncheon: email@example.com
CHURCH GARAGE SALE COMING JUNE 4TH, 5TH & 6TH – 9 AM TO 5 PM
Donate your unwanted items in good condition
Proceeds will go towards our Building Fund
- Furniture and bigger items accepted.
- Contact Erick Koenig, Building Administrator if you wish to donate towards our garage sale at (208) 772-7755.
FREE FATHER’S DAY BAR B Q AND CAR SHOW AT CANDLELIGHT
Sunday, June 21st, after 2nd Service
- Hamburgers – Hot Dogs – Chips – Water
- Donations accepted and will go towards Building Fund
- Fellowship & Fun for the whole family
ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC AT BLUEGRASS PARK
Sunday, June 28th – After 2nd Service
Please no dogs or alcohol allowed per park rules
Bluegrass Park has children’s play equipment, a splash pad, basketball, volleyball, tetherball, a picnic shelter with BBQ, disc golf, paved bicycle trails, off-street parking and restrooms. No dogs allowed. Church will provide hot dogs and hamburgers, plates and condiments.
What to bring: Side dish or dessert to share, chairs, umbrella for shade! This will be a great time to meet others!
No sign-ups, just attend
SPRING & SUMMER LADIES DEVOTIONAL HIKE AT CENTENNIAL TRAIL AND TUBBS HILL
We officially kicked off our hike/devotional season early and are planning to continue each Tuesday, at 11:30 a.m. We are also going to change locations every other week so that we can alternate flat terrain hikes with the more varying terrain hikes we’ve traditionally taken at Tubbs Hill.
When: 11:30 a.m. every Tuesday, weather permitting
What: A hike with a devotional and return hike. Invite your friends and bring your kids to enjoy the outside, God’s creation, and get some Biblically-advised fellowship. If you like, pack lunch or a snack with some water for our devotional stop. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
Where: Alternating between:
- Centennial Trail Meet at Riverstone Playground at 1805 W. Tilford Lane, CDA, ID 83814. (From Northwest Blvd., turn into Riverstone on N. Lakewood Drive, take a right onto W. Riverstone Dr., left on N. Beebee Blvd., and right onto W. Tilford Lane. Follow Tilford to the parking lot. We will meet under the awning by the playground.
- Tubbs Hill (uneven terrain) Meet on the Sanders Beach side by the Eastside Park parking lot.
Childcare is available through 5th grade! If you would like to bring your kids to Children’s Ministry at the church before you join us on the trail, contact Trish at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some initial forms to fill out (just once) and you will need to secure reservations a week before each hike. Please pack a sack lunch for each child. Check-in begins at 10:45 a.m. so you can get to the meeting place by 11:30 a.m.
For guidelines and details about making outdoor recreation safe: https://gov.idaho.gov/pressrelease/recreate-responsibly-idaho-campaign-aims-to-make-outdoor-recreation-safe-from-coronavirus-spread/ from the office of the governor.
Questions or JOIN US, contact Shani at email@example.com
Candlelight Christian Core Curriculum (C4)
C4 consists of studies that help bring that Big Picture into focus. It will touch on a variety of subjects that impact how we live our life in Christ. What do I believe? Why do I believe that and can I defend my beliefs? What does the Bible say about: relationships, marriage, parenting, my job or business, my money, government and political issues, the postmodern world I live in today?
We envision that C4 will give even a new believer a solid foundation on which to build – a good overview of the Bible and how to apply it to the issues that face us each day.
- Every Monday Evening
- 6 pm to 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary
- Childcare available from Infant to 5th grade. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org before each course one week in advance.
- Live Stream not available due to copyright restrictions
CANCELED FOR 2020. WATCH FOR 2021 RETREAT DATE TO BE DETERMINED.
2021 Retreat Schedule:
Friday, May 29, 2020: Check-In 5:30 pm | Welcome Dinner 6:30 pm | Retreat Kick-off 7:30 pm
Saturday, May 30, 2020: 9:30 am & 6:30 pm Group Sessions
Sunday, May 31, 2020: 10 am to 11:50 am Final Session | Vacate Rooms at 10 am | Leave facility at Noon
For several years we have reserved the Women’s Retreat at Clearwater Lodge on the beautiful Davis Lake in Newport, Washington. The lodge provides an exceptional natural setting where – apart from the daily routine – you may encounter Jesus Christ and grow deeper in your relationship with Him.More Info
WATCHMEN MINISTRY NORTH IDAHO
- Serving to educate, equip, and encourage the church to stand for righteousness in the public square.
- Vision: To see the church influencing the culture in every aspect of daily life including social issues, legislation, and public policy from a biblical worldview.
- To serve as a source of information for understanding key social, moral, legal and political issues via community education, training and targeted action. …”Go, set a watchman, Let him declare what he sees.” Isaiah 21:6
Important Voter Information & Voter Guides are also availableMore Info
FARRAGUT STATE PARK CHURCH CAMPOUT
July 24th thru July 26th (Friday Night, Saturday All Day, Sunday AM)
Cost and more details to be determined soon
- First come first served. Each site has water and electricity.
- Restrooms & showers are close to the campsite.
- Church Campout BBQ Potluck. Bring your BBQ food, plus a side dish or dessert to share.
- Corrals Trails Swimming Hiking Biking Junior Ranger Program and much more!
Friday, July 31, 2020 thru August 2, 2020
Blue Creek Lodge
189 Blue Creek Rd. Heron, MT
Cost to Go: $125.00
The men’s retreat provides a great opportunity to get closer to the Lord and get to know the men in our church better through fellowship, fun and of course – FOOD!
Registration will include T-shirt, room & all meals including dinner on Friday night and a dinner on Saturday. All beds have a Tempur-pedic mattress! Bring your own Sleeping bag, pillow, towel and personal items.
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME
Friday, August 28th, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Spectacular Fireworks Night – Great Upper Box Seats! – Fun Family Night
- Spokane Indians vs Vancouver – Avista Stadium in Spokane. Website: www.milb.com/spokane
- Cost: $12.00 per seat (group rate – 3 & under free when they share a seat)
- Deadline to buy tickets: Sunday, August 16th
- Chance to Win Great Prizes!
- Want to ride the Candlelight Bus? Meet at church at 4:45pm. Bus leaves at 5pm and is FREE!
- Tickets will be reserved with your name at “Will Call” Avista Stadium the day of the game
- Questions? Contact Fletcher Michael: Fletcher@candlelight.org
5K AND 1 MILE FUN RUN/WALK
GIL ALVARADO MEMORIAL –
BENEFIT THE WORKING POOR IN OUR COMMUNITY
Saturday, August 29th – 9 AM
- 8 Years Old and Under FREE
- $20 as a Participant in Run or Walk
- No Age Limit – Mothers with stroller’s welcome
- Waters, Bananas & Oranges for all participants & volunteers
Riverstone Park – Centennial Trail Course
1805 Tilford Lane
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
NEXT BAPTISMMore Info
Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Sunday, November 8th – 6 pm to 8 pm
Enjoy food, fun, and fabulous prizes as we celebrate our volunteers for the year 2020!
Date: Friday, December 11th
Time to be determined
All LADIES OF CANDLELIGHT INVITED!
Sign up to host a table here on the website
There will be no guest signups online.
Menu: Tea, Assorted Scones with Jam and Crème Fraiche, Salad, T-Sandwiches & Assorted Chocolates
Prizes: Teacups giveaway & Theme Baskets (Raffle drawing, $1.00 a ticket or 10 for $5.00. Proceeds go towards the cost of the Ladies Tea)
COUPLE’S NIGHT OUT WORKSHOP
What Causes Love to Die in a Marriage?
Pastor Ray Duran
Teaching – Worship – Communion – Prayer
Date to be determined
Proposed Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
FREE Event No sign-ups required
New to Candlelight?
- Do you want to find out more about US?
- Have you wondered what Candlelight believes and why?
- Want to start your spiritual journey and grow in your faith?
- Sign up for the Newcomer’s Luncheon
- Sign up for classes to help you take the next step in your spiritual journey!
Small Group Sign-Ups
Adult Sunday School
DVD studies reveal the alarming state of Christianity today and what the church can do about it.
Proven ideas and the basics of apologetics to affirm the truth of the Bible in our modern age.
Many people both young and old do not hold a Christian worldview because they have not been taught the foundational truths of God’s Word. Dynamic speakers in these DVD series will proclaim the truth and authority of the Bible amid growing compromise, anti-God rhetoric, and secular activism.
Meals of Love
WE’RE not just making meals…
WE’RE making a difference!
Are you looking for ways you can help and serve others?
Then MEALS OF LOVE MIGHT BE YOUR MINISTRY! We are here to serve our church family in time of need – IF YOU ARE RECOVERING FROM SURGERY, DOWN DUE TO ILLNESS, or other life difficulties WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
A Knitting & Crocheting Outreach
Sharing Christ’s Love…
One Stitch at a Time!
We are sharing our God-given gifts with those in the community, all for His glory!
- Please join us if you have a heart for serving the elderly and you are experienced in knitting and/or crocheting as this is not a class
- Fellowship knitting is from 1 pm to 2:30 pm on the first & third Friday of each month
- We most gratefully accept yarn & “tools of the trade” donations
Cell Phones for Soldiers
Donate gently used CELL PHONES and provide FREE prepaid calling cards to our active military soldiers! More than 300 million minutes of free talk time have been provided by sending more than 5 million calling cards to servicemen overseas!
How? Drop off your old CELL PHONE at the info desk. Please no cords or accessories – cell phone only.