Reaching out…meeting human need…in Jesus’ name!
Children of Warriors is a ministry of Candlelight Christian Fellowship
Essay Contest – Video or Written – Application Submission April 18th Thru June 14th – Revisit this Site to Apply on April 18th
The mission of Children of Warriors is to provide enrichment opportunities to children ages 1 thru 18—along with their families—by discovery, assessment, and supply.
Our vision is to develop resources for the support of children and their families including but not limited to spiritual enrichment, education and character development, summer camps, sporting activities, enriching entertainment, medical/dental/vision assistance, housing assistance, food, clothing, or necessary hygiene supplies, etc.
When Jesus came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day. He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah to publically read. When He had opened the book, He found the place where these words were recorded: “The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD” (Luke 4:17–19 NKJV). In that light, we at Candlelight desire to shine as His ambassadors. Therefore, taking this as our motivation, we wish to extend His blessing to others in our community—in Jesus’ name! We understand that, “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” Therefore, seeing the needs around us, we want to be a part of the solution and recognize the biblical injunction, “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” (Romans 12:21 NKJV).
The Child and Warrior
The “Child of a Warrior” is not limited to the standard mindset of “warrior” as one may suggest. A “Warrior” may be anyone from a single parent to a first responder or casualty of war.
First Local Activity for Children of Warriors Ministry
The first local activity set for this year is an “Essay Contest” (video or written).
A 1- to 2-minute video or 1- to 2-page written submission must be developed by a young person 18 years of age or under nominating a “warrior” for recognition.
We are looking for local persons from Kootenai and/or Shoshone Counties who exemplify resilience and strength in character, parenting, and/or guardianship amidst difficult circumstances. A “warrior” is that person who, through facing trial, has demonstrated heroic action and perseverance.
The “essay” should tell the story and background of the “warrior” and child/children.
Prizes Included for the Child of a Warrior
There will be two “Essay Contest” grand prize winners in Shoshone County and two grand prize winners in Kootenai County, making a total of 4 winners between both counties:
- An all-inclusive FREE trip for two (one adult and one child) to the Noah’s Ark Museum in Kentucky (up to $5,000.00 value).
- An all-inclusive FREE trip for two (one adult and one child) for a Rim and River Rafting Trip at the Grand Canyon (up to $5,000.00 value).
The winning child’s video will be broadcast on the Children of Warriors website (www.childrenofwarriors.org), and YouTube channel. Written essays will be posted on the website.
- Video and/or written essay submissions may be sent to www.childrenofwarriors.org beginning April 18th and not before.
- Submissions may be received from residents of Shoshone County and Kootenai County, beginning April 18th and no later than June 14, 2021.
- Video awards will be given at the “Kids and Rigs” event located at the Silver Lake Mall in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho on July 3, 2021, at noon.
Let’s make this a great time for all. Submit your “Essay Contest” now!
Your generous, tax-deductible donation to Children of Warriors will help provide support for the project and for the young people that are facing challenges. Thank you for your support.
- Prizes awarded can be used for scheduled trips in 2021 or 2022. (Covid-19 travel restriction may apply.)
- Each prize will include lodging for three nights at a predetermined hotel. Reservations will be made by Children of Warriors/Candlelight. (A credit card for hotel incidentals or damages may be required of the award recipient parent or guardian.)
- Rental car allowance for up to 4 days at up to $60.00 per day. Bookings to be made by award recipient parent or guardian.
- Food and beverage stipend of up to $50.00 per person per day totaling up to $400.00
- Flights will be booked by Children of Warriors/Candlelight. Prize recipients must provide all pertinent security data. (Covid-19 Testing may be required.)
- Prize recipients must submit a signed release of liability form to Children of Warriors/Candlelight.
- Prize recipients must submit a signed release of publication (pictures, names, etc.) for publicity purposes.
- Travel insurance will be available if desired but must be provided by recipients.