- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
- Working directly with Facility Administrator to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Assisting with event preparations and clean up.
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- Custodial experience or training may be required.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently and with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
If you are interested in this job, please fill out the attached employment application under “Employment” and deliver it to the church and ask for Erick Koenig, Facility Administrator.
We are looking for an experienced part-time receptionist that has strong customer service skills, loves people, and has excellent abilities in Microsoft programs.
Work schedule: Tuesdays: 9 AM to 12 PM. Also, fill-in for Jeanie our Receptionist when she is on vacation or sick. Moreover, fill in for Jeanie or Darla on Sundays at the Information Desk and helping with administrative duties upstairs.
- A person who is supportive and enthusiastic, with the ability to articulate the Vision and Mission of Candlelight Christian Fellowship.
- Loves serving people.
- A member of Candlelight in good standing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant.
- Intermediate computer skills are imperative: Windows 10, Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and Google Calendar.
- Excellent writing skills a must: Emails and any type of business letters and forms.
- A person who possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- A person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- A self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects, with the focus and discipline to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Confidence in handling multiple phone lines, office traffic, etc.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Assist the Body Ministry Coordinator by distributing Benevolence sign-up documents as needed.
- Assist Building Administrator with office duties and projects when needed.
- Always exhibit mature professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic and accountability.
The Receptionist is responsible for creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for the main lobby area and our first impression of Candlelight. Additionally, the receptionist will answer general questions about our church services and must be knowledgeable about the church facilities, events and activities. She should have strong computer and communication skills and enough knowledge to be the administrative support for anyone on staff as needed. Therefore, a minimum of two years’ experience is required as a Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant.
If you feel you are qualified for this position after review of the job outline and prayerful consideration of how your skills would fit the requirements, please return an employment application in addition to a RESUME of your past work history and COVER LETTER explaining why you feel qualified for the Receptionist job.
If you are chosen as a candidate for the job, we will set up an interview shortly after receipt of your application, resume and cover letter. If you are not chosen as a candidate for an interview or not chosen for the job after an interview, we will contact you via email.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.