Facilities Maintenance Attendant
To be a successful Church Maintenance Attendant, you should be observant, respectful and committed to providing church members, visitors and staff with a clean, safe and organized place to assemble.
Candlelight provides an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for a flexible schedule during weekday mornings, afternoons and evenings, and throughout the weekends. The Church Maintenance Attendant is a valuable member of the Church staff.
Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Basic maintenance and repair of the facility, including interior, exterior and vital (HVAC) systems.
- Everyday needs of facilities upkeep in the church building and parking lots.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the complete church facility, ensuring it is presentable for all times of use.
- General housekeeping responsibilities include floor care, trash collection, cleaning and restocking of bathrooms and other rooms.
- Additional responsibilities include attending staff meetings when requested by the Facilities Manager or Senior Pastor.
- Be responsible to the congregation through the Facilities Manager, Senior Pastor and Ministry Support Team.
- Conduct and present yourself in a manner fitting as a church staff member.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Set up and tear down rooms throughout the Church Buildings
- Outdoor grounds and parking lot maintenance
- Interior building/facilities maintenance
- Assist in housekeeping
- Additional responsibilities as requested
- Be punctual and dependable, displaying a positive, helpful attitude
- Adhere to Candlelight’s policies and procedures
- Build relationships and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- Ability to do heavy lifting, and physical work
- Respond to urgent situations to ensure employee/staff and facility safety
- Adhere to all safety requirements
- Driver’s License strongly preferred
- Drug test prescreening
- Background prescreening
If interested, please respond via email to Erick Koenig, Facility Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume